Acceptable Use Policy
Voice-Ring’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is intended to help ensure the highest quality experience of VoIP phone service for all by preventing unacceptable use by a few. All users of Voice-Ring’s VoIP phone services (Services) – those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts (Visitors), as well as those who pay a monthly service fee to subscribe to the Services (Customers) – must comply with this AUP. Either Visitors or Customer may be referred to herein individually as a “Customer” or, collectively, as “Customers”. Voice-Ring may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of either your access to the Services and/or your Voice-Ring account or other actions as detailed in Section 3. This AUP should be read in conjunction with our Master Service Agreement and other policies.
2. Violations of Voice-Ring’s Acceptable Use Policy
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal use. Using the Services in a manner that intentionally or unintentionally violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Harm to minors. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Threats. Using the Services in a manner that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment. Using the Services in a manner that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity. Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes”, “Ponzi schemes”, and “chain letters”.
- Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
- Unauthorized access. Using the Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Voice-Ring’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Collection of personal data. Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling the services. Reselling the Services without Voice-Ring’s authorization.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Using the Services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use Voice-Ring Services or the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Customer may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Customer may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
- Exceed Service Limitations. Using the Service for auto-dialing, continuous or extensive call forwarding, telemarketing (including, without limitation, charitable or political solicitation or polling), fax or voicemail broadcasting or fax or voicemail blasting constitutes a violation of Voice-Ring’s Acceptable Use Policy. Voice-Ring reserves the right to immediately disconnect or modify Customer’s Service if Voice-Ring determines, in Voice-Ring’s sole and absolute discretion, that Customer’s use of the Service is, or at any time was, inconsistent with normal small business usage patterns, or that Customer has at any time used the Service for any of the activities mentioned above or similar activities.
- Exceeding Design Limitations. Exceeding the specified limitations, as defined by your Service Plan, constitutes a violation of Voice-Ring’s Acceptable Use Policy. Voice-Ring will notify a Customer that exceeds the transfer design limits of any service. The Customer will reduce their usage of the Service or increase their Service Plan.
3. Reporting Violations of Voice-Ring’s AUP
Voice-Ring requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP to direct the information to Director, Abuse Department, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
- Evidence of the alleged violation
Email with full header information provides all of the above, as do syslog files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information. Voice-Ring may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints or violations of this Acceptable Use Policy:
- Issue warnings: written or verbal
- Suspend the Customer’s newsgroup posting privileges
- Suspend the Customer’s account
- Terminate the Customer’s account
- Bill the Customer for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations
- In the event of usage in excess of the specified transfer limits, Voice-Ring will notify the customer in writing and allow thirty (30) days to cure by reducing their usage or increasing the Service Plan to conform to the usage. In the event the customer shall not cure the Acceptable Use Policy violation within thirty (30) days, Voice-Ring may make the increase in plan terms and notify the customer of such action. Billing for the increased plan usage will begin thirty days after the notice of violation or upon change of plan, whichever shall first occur. Increase in usage or change of the service plan pursuant to this agreement shall not invalidate the original contract with Voice-Ring.
4. Revisions to the Acceptable Use Policy
Voice-Ring reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner.